Bayettos start building a house on their freehold plot in Eastcote

24 July 1913 is the date on the cornerstone of the Bayettos new family home, Ye Olde Roses, Lime Grove, Eastcote, Pinner, in the village of Eastcote.

With the extension, from Harrow to Uxbridge, of the Metropolitan Railway, and the opening of Eastcote Halt in 1906 in the locality formerly known as Field End and a station in 1910, Eastcote suddenly became accessible and developers saw the potential of Eastcote. Field End House farmland was sold to the British Freehold Investments Syndicate in 1909 and they laid out a network of roads, recognisable by the use of trees names for their roads. Plots were sold for building individually or in groups at public sales. £3 down could secure any plot and the balance could be paid off at 10 shillings a month. In a few months 650 plots were sold at an average price of £50. The first houses appeared in Elm Avenue, Lime Grove, Myrtle and Acacia Avenues. The Old Roses was the second house built in Lime Grove and was designed by Architect Frank Osler.